Southampton International Airport is a few minutes away from Highfield Campus by bus or taxi. There are flights to Southampton from UK airports, mainland Europe and the Channel Islands.
- Train – direct (Gatwick) or via central London (Heathrow)
- Bus – National Express coaches (Gatwick & Heathrow)
- Bus / Train – RailAir via Reading train station (Heathrow)
- Taxi – Several local companies provide transfers to/from London airports, for example English Rose Collection, Radio Taxis and Southampton Taxis.
Fast trains from London and Bournemouth/Weymouth stop at Southampton Central station and Southampton Airport Parkway station. Trains from Portsmouth and Bristol/South Wales stop at Southampton Central. You can find details of routes and timetables on the National Rail website.
By bus or coach
National Express provides regular coach services to Southampton from central London, Heathrow, Gatwick and many UK cities. Southampton Coach Station is at Western Esplanade in the city centre. Some coach services also stop near Highfield Campus.
Please note there is extremely limited public parking on campus. Fines may be issued to those parking in non-public car parks without permits. We strongly advise conference delegates to travel to campus using public transport. If driving:
- From the M3: Exit at junction 14 (Southampton A33)
- From the M27: Exit at junction 5 (Southampton Airport)
- Postcode for SatNav: SO17 1BJ.
Getting to the University of Southampton
The University’s Highfield Campus is approximately three miles from the city centre and Southampton Central station, and around two miles from Southampton Airport Parkway station.
The Unilink bus service connects both train stations, the airport, University campuses, halls of residence and the city centre. You can get the Unilink bus U1 from the train stations and airport to Highfield Campus. From Southampton Coach Station it is a short walk to the bus stops at either Southampton Central Station or the Civic Centre. You can find timetables and route maps on the Unilink website.
Taxis are also widely available. Local companies include Radio Taxis, Southampton Airport Taxis, West Quay Taxis and Southampton Taxis.
|University travel guidance||https://www.southampton.ac.uk/about/visit/getting-to-our-campuses.page|